When it comes to web designing and development; if you are expecting your website to draw the kind of attention it deserves, then you must put a lot of hard work and smart work together to make it a possibility. Follow the golden rule of 6 steps to earn your website its rightful place among the echelons of websites dealing in businesses online. These 6 steps are as follows:-
Step One – Gathering the information: One has to have a very clear understanding of what he/she aims to achieve through the website and what means would he choose to undertake the task. The second question to ask would be the goals which the person wants to achieve through this website. Who would be the target audience for such kind of online activity?
Step Two – Planning: After the gathering of the information, comes the stage of planning. In this stage processes are undertaken:-
- Considering the various technology options available for web designing.
- Creation of the site map that lists down all the main-topic areas in the website along with the sub-topics so as to facilitate the ease of navigation on the website.
- Outlining the basic features that you intend to be showcased in the user interface.
Step Four – Development: This is the step of genesis or the creation of the website. The steps which go into the development of the website are as follows:-
- Creation of the homepage.
- Creation of a “shell” for the interior pages, which serves as a template for the other content pages of the website.
- Distribution of the content throughout the website.
- Other major elements such as ecommerce shopping carts, flash animations etc too are made functional at this stage.
Step Six – Maintenance: This step is often ignored by web developers and has lead to the downfall of many promising websites. Updating the technology is an integral issue in maintenance and when it comes to the content, it needs to be updated with a CMS or a Content management system.
For more information please feel free to contact A-1 Technology.